Monday, July 28, 2008

HRM: Company Visit Part 2.1



I called this entry as Company Visit Part 2.1 because my group mates and I considered July 05,2008 as our second official visit to interview the HR manager of LYR Marketing and Furniture Center.


The sky was a bit gloomy when I left the house at 12 noon. The scheduled time for us to meet was at 3:00 om yet I decided to leave early so that I could go to my favorite internet cafe near the university that I attend to. I have a lot of assignments and reports to do so I thought that I could use two hours of surfing the net to get it all done. As I went inside the cafe, I saw one of my group mates, namely Kate, who was already seated in front of a computer. She told me that she was there for the same reasons that I was there too. After a few minutes, two of our other group mates were there so we all decided to go to LYR together.

As the clock chimed 2:45 pm we got up our seats and started making our way out of the internet cafe. . With all the increase in gas and fare and because of all the unfinished assignments that we still have to do, we decided to just walk from the internet cafe to our adopted company, so that we can gave some money.

Walking, in a cold, gloomy day with your friends was a fun Idea to me so I agreed. Unfortunately, one of my group mates said that she will lead us into a short cut , yet as we all followed her we later realized that she lead us into a farther road. Later on we were lost, and I think that we were already at Uyanguren at that time because as I turned my back I saw "Regency Inn", which was beside LYR , very much far from where we were. So we have to walk around again with the sky which was gloomy a while ago changed into a very sunny and hot afternoon. When we finally arrived we were all sweating, our legs hurt, we were very tired but all of us were laughing because of what we went through just to arrive there. Our group mate, Vanessa who wasn't with us through the whole ordeal, laughed at us, for we chose to sweat like that than to just spare Php 6.00 for the fare. The four of us, just laughed back and said, in a joking manner that "desperate times need desperate solutions". It was all very comical.



As we went inside the HR office, Mr.Llano was talking to six people whom we assumed as applicants. After a few moments, the applicants were seated beside a table and Mr.Llano took out a questionnaire(IQ). As the applicants were answering, Sir Llano signaled us to be seated in front of his table. Each of us, asked Sir Llano questions pertaining to our assigned topics. As the applicants finished answering the questionnaire, Sir Llano excused himself to us and gave the applicants another questionnaire(Mathematics). After the applicants finished the second test, Sir Llano told them to come back tomorrow for further test.


Sir Llano went back to us and after he answered all our questions, he advised us to conduct a simple job analysis on four chosen employees in the company and told us to come back to his desk after we finished so that he can evaluate what we have done. Overall, it was a nice experience and were very thankful to Mr. Llano for guiding us, helping us, and teaching us all about human resource management. He made the learning process interesting and lively for us. He taught us great things, gave very fun examples for us to understand the topics better and he gave us all his time and imparted us all he things he knew. So again, even in this simple gesture, in behalf of all my group mates, I want to thank Mr.Llano and his staff for accepting and teaching us whole heartedly. May God bless you always.

The lessons he imparted with us will be on my next entry entitled "Whats your element: An HRM Special Part 2 ".

It focuses on the ff. topics.

  • job analysis

  • job description

  • performance evaluation

  • job evaluation

  • job specification


1 comments:

vanessa may said...

the HR manager of our adopted company
provides us all the info's we needed in our study..

He's simply one of the best,right?hehe..