Monday, February 2, 2009

Are we still friends?



Getting along with friends are supposed to be easy as air and bright as the brilliant sunshine that warms one's cold heart even in the fiercest of winds and strongest of waves, especially if one's feelings are free from malice and true. There is no sadder man than one without a friend. Unhappiness brought by loss of money or waning of one's health can't be compared to the sorrow one might get without a friend and even in one's most successful times aren't complete with people whom you can share your happiness with.

Friends are supposed to be your pillars of support in times of need and distress but then if a that special person shrugs a comforting shoulder at you during these times does that make that friend a fake one? Is there any limitations to one's support and understanding to a friend? Can you still extend welcoming arms to a friend whose decisions and actions have pained not only both of you but others as well? Is there really a time as such when one realizes that the person she considers a friend is someone who suddenly becomes a stranger?

If one is in a clear state of mind, she would certainly say that to condemn a friend is a from of treachery, unacceptable and against moral obligations to a person. True, and I whole-heartedly accept that even if how badly another person acts one should understand it if she is really true to that other person and any excuse is a poor one. But something in me says that sometimes a friend doesn't have to keep consoling and understanding the one at fault. I believe that sometimes a friend have to abandon another friend so as to let her learn on her own. As Oliver Wendell Holmes stated,"Except in cases of necessity, which are rare, leave your friend to learn unpleasant things from his enemies; they are ready enough to tell them.

Its hard to turn away from a friend in need especially to rub salt into her wounds but I am keeping by decision to stand firm and do it with the only excuse to let her learn her lesson. I have been disappointed by some of my friends actions and decisions many times already and I learned to accept it because I know that though friends, we are different and unique individuals. Her beliefs maybe different or same to mine and I can't put it against her but what I can't readily accept is when my friend does things that will certainly impair her in a lot ways than one and bringing with it other people outside from ourselves.

If you read this, (you know who you are) I just like to say that I know we can't take back anything that happened and I won't say sorry for my rude behavior because I believe that you need a healthy dose of it. I still don't think your repentant yet, no matter how many tears you shed in front of me. Please please try to prove that you are really sorry not only in tears and words but more importantly in actions. Its for you too.


4 comments:

meL said...

aw

murag kaila ko kay "her"

hehehe

mura lng...dli ko sure

hehehe

glaiglay said...

naintriga ko....hehehe

knsa na han?

rejserenity said...

ahihi.. ok lng na han.^^

love u friend., ahihihi dapat jud d.i ani wla nko sekreto sa imo pra dli ka mg.emote dn mghimo ug post..

jejeje..
be an open-minded lng.. iba na ang world ngaun jejeje

The Rice Creator said...

pwede mo enter sa post........ hehe.......... naa ko diri rugby, epoxy, mighty bond, bulldog, glue, paste, kan-on og kug_o para mopilit lang usab ang nabuak........ was there too.