Wednesday, January 21, 2009

bubbLeGum PrinCess

"Bubble gum Princess"

How does this word strike to you? More importantly what does it mean to me (since I renamed my blog header as such hahaha..).?

For my loyal viewers, you would remember that my previous blog name was "Into the Twilight", which was brought by my addiction to the Twilight movie and to the Twilight saga novels (which I would rate/review in my future posts so keep reading my blog fellow Twilighters). But then why the sudden change??

When I first caught up with the noun "bubblegum princess", I im
agined a girl with blond curls, twinkling blue eyes, perky expression locked on her face and with her chin raised up like a haughty and proud girl that she is. A girl who when she was still a child dreamt of being a princess or a beauty queen or (worse) a damsel in distress. Irritating, right??

Putting that aside, I would like to describe some of my traits to you first. When I was a kid, I didn't imagine myself to be a princess or fairy like some other girls do but I thought of being a number of things like a ninja, an assassin,a mermaid, an equestrian or a
powerful Yuki-onna. Admittedly, I was a bit weird as a child but in my defense I have girlie qualities too like I love ponies (because as I said I want to be an equestrian), rainbows (which signals for hope: the calm after the tempest), and I certainly attracted to flowers of different colors and fragrances (they are after all the symbolism of a woman) and most of all I truly believe in happily never afters.

Imagine my horror when watching a show in which the term "Bubble gum Princess" was being defined and it was said that the term refers to girl with dreams of butterfly, ponies, rainbows, places of grandeur surrounded by colorful flowers and delusions of happy never afters. It was a bit comical because as the actress who described the said traits above wearing a horrified and disgusted expression and I can actually sympathize with her for the reason that one of the words that I dislike the most, sort of describes me too (referring to the definition given by the girl, and not mine. Is that clear? hahaha)

So as a result to this fascinating discovery I fancied the word "BubbleGum Princess" and made it as my new blog name.

2 comments:

rejserenity said...

hehehe lahi napud.? sauna into the twilight.^ ahihihi

Anonymous said...

[... ] is another interesting source of information on this topic[...]
http://pbx-phone-system.info/