Thursday, November 13, 2008

..what wiLL I be.???

Questions tends to boggle the mind of people and one of the questions that bewilders me the most is "What do you see yourself doing a few years from now??"..

Why?? Well, its because its about the future, a time a bit far from where or when I am now. I am still student, struggling at that, who endures sleepless nights and sometimes no bath due to overloading projects from my subjects. I am still having a hard time thinking on how to do certain tasks, prepare for quizzes and projects so thinking about things that would occur in the future seems futile for me at this point. "Concentrate on the present and let tomorrow worry about itself", I always say.

So when someone asks me this question, I get kinda queasy, because I have no straight forward answer. But honestly, I really dreamed of working in Google, not only because its an IT haven but also it is the most ideal enterprise to work in the whole world (according to study and survey).

Google is one of the factors that encouraged me to enroll as a BS in Information Systems student in the University of South Eastern Philippines. I thought that if I be an IT professional, I would have a chance to work in Google or Yahoo or be an animator (I am a huge otaku fan.!! hahaha). Any of those jobs would make me really ecstatic.

As I became a full pledge IT student in USEP, I learned a lot of things about computers and programming yet I don't see myself as an expert or knowledgeable about IT or computer stuff. I just feel as if the computer is just someone I am acquainted with and not a close friend which should be the preferable state. Even with all I learned and I know I am going to learn in the university, I realized that its not right to solely dependent on the university I am attending. Though it teaches me all the basics and more of the things I should know about, the IT world is such as wide scope that the four corners of the classroom and the university lab can never conquer.

To be what I want to be, whether it be a Google contributor, programmer or animator, I would embody certain values such as diligence, hard work and having fun with the learning process. Learning either from the university, seminars, tutorials or self study must be undertaken to cover maybe not all but mostly of the IT knowledge that I could gain. In the end, perseverance and will shall lead me to what I will be 5 years from now and hopefully I can be a full pledged IT professional by that time.


2 comments:

rejserenity said...

hehehe.. ako rn.. im one of the dreamers to be one of the Google team...

hope so.. even though iit would not be my future, then nice things would happen and approach me so..

glaiglay said...

goodluck han...i believe it will depend on pure determination and great motivation... kita kita lng ta puhon sa Google...hehehe