Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hellboy 2: The Golden Army



The latest movie, I’ve seen was Hellboy 2: The Golden Army. I distinctly remember hearing that some of the director of this movie, Guillermo del Torro was also the director of the movie Pan’s Labyrinth. Being someone who fortunately watched Pan’s Labyrinth, I can say that its quite obvious that they have the same creators. Don’t get me wrong though, because the two movies have totally different story line (and both are great) but the design of the creatures in both movies are alike, excluding Hell boy and his gang. haha..

The creatures used in both movies have a certain characteristic or certain feeling wherein the viewer can really say that only one person was responsible for its creation.

I haven’t got the opportunity to watch the first Hell Boy movie but fortunately I didn’t need to watch the first movie to understand the second installment. And actually, I find it both entertaining and action-packed. Amongst all the characters in the movie, the one

That really fascinated me was the villain, Prince Nuada, and not HellBoy as others may have thought of as an obvious choice. Well, HellBoy was also great, it was his movie anyway right. jeje His characters reflects a cat-loving person who wants to be in the crowd, be accepted by who he is and save the world. In this movie, his character didn’t give off the idea that he wants to be a normal person unlike the other superhero/monster film I saw, wherein the hero wants to be just a normal, ordinary guy and that is the trait that I really like about this guy. He accepts who he is but the only conflict he has is that he wants others to accept him too.

As for the Prince Nuada, I feel kinda disgusted by his loss of remorse and his dream of wiping the world free of human beings. Heck, I am a human being too, so I don’t like the thought that someone wants to kill me and my kind. Jejeje I am far too young for that.

Well, going back to the movie, I said earlier that I was fascinated by Prince Nuada but I also said that I feel kinda irritated by him, so in contrast right?? jeje Well, what I really like about him is how he carries his self especially how he fights. He is totally a great fighter. And I really thought that he’s a Chinese actor because he handles the sword, sphere and javelin so gracefully. He fights so gracefully too, whom as I observed only Asians especially Chinese people can do. He can really make the viewer believe that he really twirls around the air without any harness. Jeje Hellboy, on the other hand is a perfect example of a Western style fighter who relies heavily on brawns and brutal strength and guns.

Aside from that the viewers shuold watch this movie because of th awesome fight scenes and creatures like the tooth fairy who eats up human flesh and the Angel of Death. I won’t share anymore details about the movie in case you haven’t watched it yet. It really is worth watching because the story line, character design and fight scene are really amazing. I don’t recommend it to be watched by kids though because they may have nightmares about the monsters because they actually eerie and real looking creatures. Jeje

I give it 7 stars out of ten.



2 comments:

PHDora said...

well, u can find them anywhere han, those creators who makes their creation a bit too similar with each other, starting off with comic artists in japan, specifically those shoujo genre, like fullmoon wo sagashite, kamikaze kaitou jeanne..etc... look how her character designs similarity, same characters different stories, of course, skip beat and TCP, same faces of characters but different stories... anyway, i know what u feel but still we both enjoy them so, the heck-- XD let's just enjoy watching and we're free to discriminate them, aren't we? we're the--GODDESS after all...XD

Anonymous said...

This movie was awesome..it was too cool...I did got a deep discount dvd copy of this..and planning to get the blu ray also..hope that there will be another hellboy 3..this is a fantastic film..