Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My SDLC approach in Reaching My Goal

Predictive or adaptive? Choosing between these two approaches wouldn't really create an effective output, integration of both approaches is a must to create an efficient foundation in reaching a goal. The "sharers" in this topic that well thought of plans are from a mixture of predictive and adaptive approach but then a variety then shows up when one tends to focus more on one approach and leaning lesser on the other. For me, I would focus more on the adaptive side than the predictive approach upon integration.

Why? Its true that one begins to develop a goal. And in devising such plan, one needs to predict all sorts of actions and the consequences that results from these actions and then create solutions, all of these actions focus on the predictive side than it almost seem that the adaptive side is not much of use anymore but in reality, there are outside or external forces that one doesn't really count on that can change the course of the goal and so adapting to these certain changes are more important than just predicting.

In both predictive and adaptive approach, the same processes make up their SDLC model and these are project planning, analysis, design, implementation and support. And from what the reporters said, there are a wide variety of SDLC models which differs in what they seek to model, how general or broad or specific is the process but the model discussed above is the basis of most of these models. So allow me to create a SDLC model related to the main model above but is designed for describing how I attain my goal in life.

First of which is GOAL SETTING (which is almost a default action in this model). How can we proceed to any other process without this in hand right?

Secondly, PLANNING. I am a bit of a spontaneous person but from our previous discussion I have believed that planning is an essential step. "PLAN TO SUCCEED", is our professor's piece of advice to us.

Thirdly, PREDICTING. Predicting helps in a lot of ways especially in creating a preventive action to a certain decision. In predicting, we can see what things can be done, what options do we have, what are the probable consequences and its probable solutions.


Next would be TESTING. Predicting is not enough to see the flaws of our plans or ways in reaching a goal. We need to learn, gather knowledge and test it into certain situations.

IMPLEMENTATION would be the next process. One of the most important process in the model because without it there can be no output. Forcing or applying action, effort and time makes it possible for us to be a step closer and attain our objectives.

Lastly, view your progress. This step is not really that necessary but will be very helpful for a person to see the rate of his/her improvement and you can easily detect if you have some flaws or part of the plan that is forgotten or not done properly.

PLAN TO SUCCEED. HAPPY HOLIDAYS

4 comments:

glaiglay said...

in real life, planning is very essential to succeed..

said...

I totally agree....

Anonymous said...

This is my first post I'd like to congratulate you for such a terrific quality site!
thought this would be a perfect way to introduce myself!

Sincerely,
Robin Toby
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/pool-party-supplies.html]pool Party Supplies[/url].

Anonymous said...

Whats's Up i am new here. I came accross this message board I have found It exceedingly accommodating and it has helped me alot. I hope to give something back & help other users like it has helped me.

Thanks, Catch You Around.